The Lockhart River library provides access to a range of good books and other useful services to our community. The library also hosts the local Indigenous Knowledge Centre (IKC). The Library has the following noble roles to the community of Lockhart River.
(1) Capture into digital records the traditional knowledge of our people
(2) Storage and display of important historical artefacts from our people
(3) Access to educational digital materials for students and non-students
(4) A centre for Internet Banking
(5) A centre for Internet Shopping
(6) A centre for essential video conferencing using Skype or other related facilities at a selected time of the week.
(7) Email, Fax and Printing Services
(8) Computer Literacy Classes
(9) Educational and other useful utilities
The library Management does not allow access to the following
(1) Any form of Pornography, Idle Sitting, Foods, Drinks, Chatting and Noise
(2) Any activities that make the regular scheduled users feel uncomfortable.
(3) The Library Coordinator has the right to ask a user to leave the library
If you need to use the library exclusively as a group for an activity not in the regular schedule please book in person or by phone and talk to the Library Co-ordinator on 07 4060 7050.
Operating hours of the Lockhart River library are:
Monday – Thursday
8am to 12pm and 1pm to 4.30pm
8am to 12 noon